Sally Currie, Transportation Coordinator
412-264-9440 ext 1131 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Round-trip bus transportation is provided for students in kindergarten through grade 12. Bus stops in Moon and Crescent townships have been situated as conveniently as possible; however, they cannot be randomly changed because of the mandatory approval process.
Parents are reminded not to allow children to change buses without written permission from parents and principal approval.
Bus Information for 2015-2016
- Allard Elementary & Bon Meade Elementary
- Brooks Elementary & McCormick Elementary
- Moon Area High School
- Moon Area Middle School
- NOTE: In early September 2015, several elementary bus stops were adjusted by 5-10 minutes. These times are NOT reflected in the bus information above. click here for information
Students should arrive at bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to posted time.
Questions or concerns regarding transportation can be addressed to Sally Currie, transportation coordinator, via email at email@example.com or call 412-264-9440 ext. 1131.
Daily Late Bus Information
A late bus is available to all middle and high school students participating in after-school activities. Private school students also utilize the late bus transportation.
Private/Parochial School Bus Schedule
When Moon Area is not in session, buses are provided for private and parochial school students.
Bus safety reminders
- Arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled arrival.
- Wait for the bus in a safe place – well off the roadway.
- Enter the bus in an orderly manner and promptly take a seat.
- Follow the bus driver’s instructions.
- Remain in the seat while the bus is in motion.
- Keep head and arms inside the bus at all times.
- Keep the aisles clear at all times.
- Be courteous to the driver and other passengers.
- Be alert to traffic when exiting the bus.
- Pets and other animals are not permitted on buses.
Pennsylvania’s School Bus Stopping Law
- Motorists must stop at least 10 feet away from school buses that have their red lights flashing and stop arm extended.
- Motorists must stop when they are behind the bus, meeting the bus or approaching an intersection where a bus is stopped.
- Motorists following or traveling alongside a school bus must also stop until the red lights have stopped flashing, the stop arm is withdrawn, and all children have reached safety.
- If physical barriers such as grassy medians, guide rails or concrete median barriers separate oncoming traffic from the bus, motorists in the opposing lanes may proceed without stopping.
- Do not proceed until all the children have reached a place of safety.
- The penalties if convicted of violating Pennsylvania´s School Bus Stopping Law include:
- $250 fine
- Five points on your driving record
- 60-day license suspension
- $250 fine