Registering a Student
Notices for parents enrolling students at MASD
Beginning with the 2015-2016 school year, and each year thereafter, the entry age for 1st grade shall be not less than six (6) years by September 1 of the school year in which the parent/guardian desires to have the child enrolled. The entry age for kindergarten shall be not less than five (5) years by September 1 of the school year in which the parent/guardian desires to have the child enrolled.
Effective Tuesday, August 13, 2013, Moon Area School District (MASD) is not accepting any new student enrollments for the 2013-2014 school year at Bon Meade Elementary for grades 1, 2, and 4, and at Brooks Elementary for kindergarten (effective August 20, 2013) and grades 1 and 3. Applicable new students who register from this point forward will be placed at the next closest Moon Area elementary school; transportation will be provided for these students. We thank parents for understanding as MASD makes the necessary adjustments to ensure that classrooms are not overpopulated, and that student learning potential is maximized. If you have questions/concerns, please contact Registrar Micky Flavin at 412-264-9440 x 1132.
The Registrar's Office is located in Central Administration at 8353 University Boulevard, Moon Township. For admittance, please report to the Central Administration, in the south corner (back) of the high school. The Registrar's Office is open year-round from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Public parking is available. For more information, please contact:
(412) 264-9440 (Menu #8, Extension: 1132)
- Children must be five years of age on or before September 30 to be eligible for entry into Kindergarten.
- Children must be six years of age on or before September 30 to be eligible for entry into first grade.
- The following information must be provided at the time of registration: immunization records, birth certificate, parents' proof of residency and social security number (optional). View Immunization Requirements.
- If you are planning to enroll your child in a private or parochial school, please contact the Registrar's office at (412) 264-9440 ext. 1132. The information regarding private/parochial students is vital in maintaining the Moon Area School District census of school-aged children.
Online Forms & Resources
A number of registration forms may be completed and submitted online. If you complete forms online, please retain a copy for your own records.