Staff development is a critical component to building an outstanding education system. Our teachers participate in a variety of in-service and supplemental programs throughout the year to learn research-based practices and maintain active certification.
Additionally, a variety of staff development opportunities are provided to paraprofessional and non-professional staff members to ensure that the district maintains the highest quality workforce. All staff development programs are aligned to the district's strategic plans.
Staff Development Resources Online
- PDE Standards Aligned System: Free Professional Development Courses
- The Embedded Learning Academy
- A Survival Guide for New Teachers
- PA Power Library: Online Reference Center
- PA-ETEP (Electronic Teacher Evaluation Portal)
Flexible In-Service Option for Teachers
Teachers have the opportunity to personalize their staff development experience with the flex time in-service program. The program was designed by teachers and supported by administrators for the purpose of diversifying staff development activities that directly pertain to an individual's professional needs without adding additional cost to the district.
English Second Language (ESL)For more information about the ESL program please contact Cay Forbes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cultural Sensitivity (PowerPoint Presentation)
- How to Help the Elementary ESL Student
- How to Help the Secondary ESL Student
- Accommodations and Modifications of ELL's
- Pennsylvania English Language Proficiency Standards
Smart START: Train to become a substitute teacher
By applying to the SmartSTART Program, you can earn extra money, have a flexible work schedule and make a difference. Contact the Allegheny Intermediate Unit at (412) 394-5700 for more information